10 pitted Medjool dates
1 cup almonds
1 1/2 tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp cinnamon, divided
5 oz. unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp honey
1. Place the dates in a shallow bowl and cover with water.
2. Let soak for 20-30 minutes.
3. Line a 9x5-inch bread loaf pan with wax paper.
4. Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse to finely chop.
5. Add the soaked dates, cocoa powder, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
6. Blend until a rough dough starts to form.
7. Transfer the dough to the loaf pan and use a spatula to evenly flatten.
8. Place the coconut flakes, coconut oil, salt, and vanilla into the food processor and blend for at least one minute, until a paste starts to form.
9. Add to the loaf pan, spreading out evenly over the almond base.
10. Add the pumpkin puree, banana, honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon to the food processor and blend until smooth.
11. Spread evenly on top of the coconut mixture in the pan.
12. Sprinkle with coconut flakes if desired and place in the freezer for one hour.
13. Cut into squares to serve.