1tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and grated
1 pound grass fed ground beef (check out the grass fed beef from Tropical raditions, just tried it for the first time and YUM!!)
1 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup salsa verde (I used Trader Joes Salsa Verde)
Sea Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large saute pan, saute the onions and minced jalapeno in the coconut oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the ground beef and cook just until it starts to brown and add the grated sweet potato and garlic.
4. Cook until the beef is completely browned and the sweet potato is soft.
5. Add the chili powder, cumin, and salsa, stir and cook until heated through. Taste and season with a little sea salt if desired.
6. Transfer the meat mixture to a 11×7 glass baking dish and spread the meat mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
7. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the 12 eggs add pour over the meat mixture in the baking dish.
8. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle when you jiggle the pan.