Paleo Dark Chocolate Coconut And Macadamia Nut Tart
For the crust
Â½ cup (40g) unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Â½ cups (190g) almond flour
2 tablespoons (30g) coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons (30g) maple syrup
Â¼ tsp salt
For the ganache
1 cup (240ml) canned coconut milk
12 oz. (340g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping
1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened coconut flakes
Â½ cup (68g) roasted unsalted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
A pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, salt and shredded coconut until finely ground.
3. Melt together coconut oil and maple syrup and add to almond flour and coconut mixture.
4. Pulse until coarse crumbs form (dough should clump together when squeezed with fingers).
5. Transfer dough to a greased 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
6. Using a measuring cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan.
7. Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 12-16 minutes.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
9. Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
10. In a small saucepan, just bring coconut milk to a boil.
11. Pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let stand 1 minute, then stir until smooth and creamy.
12. Stir in vanilla extract.
13. Spread the chopped macadamia nuts and shredded coconut evenly over a sheet pan and bake until lightly golden (about 3-5 minutes).
14. Set aside and let cool.
15. Pour warm chocolate mixture into cooled tart shell.
16. Lightly sprinkle toasted macadamia nuts and toasted coconut across the top.
17. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky sea salt if desired.
18. Chill for at least one hour or until set and serve.