3 cups full fat coconut milk
2 cups heavy cream (or use 5 cups total coconut milk if you do not eat any dairy)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey for flan
1/4 cup honey to caramelize
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1. Combine coconut milk, heavy cream, eggs, honey and vanilla into a blender and blend until all ingredients are mixed.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a small saucepan put in 1 tbsp of water, a squeeze of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of honey over low to medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture is golden brown, remove from heat immediately (note: dont stir too much because honey will crystallize).
4. Then take a glass baking dish (we used a 3 quart glass baking dish) and another glass baking dish that is slightly bigger. Pour the caramelized honey into the smaller baking dish and spread out with a spatula, be sure to cover the entire dish, and then place the honey basted baking dish into the larger baking dish.
5. Pour into the larger baking dish about an inch high of hot water.
6. Pour the blended flan mixture into the smaller baking dish over the caramelized honey and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until the middle has set into a custard like texture. Let the flan cool for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.