3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, minced
3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes, with juice (canned only tomatoes)
1 box beef broth
2 tsp oregano
3 tbps of fresh basil
1 tsp pepper
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup almond meal
3 cups baby spinach
1 cup of each broccoli and cauliflower
1 zucchini chopped
1 parsnip sliced
1. Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a soup pot.
2. Add in onion and celery, and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
4. Add crushed tomatoes and their juices, beef broth, other vegetables, 1 teaspoon oregano, 2 teaspoons basil, and 1/2 t. salt. Bring to a simmer.
5. While the soup simmers make the meatballs.
6. In a bowl combine ground beef, egg, almond meal, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 t. pepper and 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
7. Mix with your hands until well combined.
8. Divide into tablespoons and roll into smooth firm balls.
9. As you work gently drop the meatballs into the soup.
10. Add spinach and remaining basil and simmer for 20 minutes until meat is cooked through.