1 lb Raw Wild Sockeye Salmon Filets
1 large egg
1/4 cup of paleo mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 celery stalk, diced
1/4 cup fresh dill
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup crushed plantain chips
3 Tablespoons ghee or butter (melted)
1 tablespoon capers
1. Preheat oven to 400F and bake the raw salmon filet for 12 minutes.
2. Gently flake the salmon into pieces and remove any remaining bones.
3. Whisk the egg and mayonnaise. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, carrot, celery, dill, pepper, and salt.
4. Fold the mixture into the salmon flakes until combined.
5. Fold in the crushed plantain chips into three batches, do not over mix.
6. Chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes (or up to three hours).
7. Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease the surface of a baking sheet with half of the ghee/butter.
8. Portion out 1/4 cup of the salmon mixture per cake onto the greased baking sheet.
9. Brush the top with melted ghee/butter.
10. Bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes.