2 chicken thighs, bone-in
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp honey
Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and honey.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until soft.
5. While the tomatoes are roasting, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over low heat.
6. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 10-12 minutes to soften and caramelize, stirring regularly.
7. Clear a space for the chicken.
8. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then place it in the pan.
9. Add the balsamic, reduce the heat to low, and cover.
10. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
11. Every 5 minutes or so, spoon the sauce in the pan over the chicken.
12. To assemble, divide the tomatoes between two plates.
13. Place one chicken thigh on each and then spoon the onions, mushrooms, and pan drippings over the chicken.
14. Garnish with parsley.