2 Granny Smith Apples (makes about 2 trays of apple slices)
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Preheat oven to 110 °C/230 °F.
2. Wash and slice apples very thinly (see pic above). You can remove the seeds if you like but its fine to leave them in. Rub or drizzle the slices with a little lemon juice and place on a parchment paper lined oven trays.
3. Bake for 2 hours, turning the slices over half way through. You might need to rotate the trays in the oven for even heat exposure.
4. After two hours, the slices should be considerably dried up. Take the trays out and brush each slice with maple syrup. Then sprinkle with a little cinnamon and put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
5. After 10-15 minutes, remove the trays again, give the slices another light brush (more of a dub) with maple syrup and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Were adding the sesame seeds right at the end as they can burn easily. Put back in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
6. Remove the trays from the oven and let the apples cool before storing in an air-tight container.